Speaking of committees, they’re growing in size. According to an IDC survey, the number of people involved in a large technology buying decision has increased from 5 to 7***. CEB research shows the same thing in the Harvard Business Review: the number of people now required to formally sign off on large purchases has increased from 5.4 to the 6.8. ABM allows you to not only talk to the people who will ultimately be making the decision to buy your product or use your service, but everyone else who has input and influence along the way.
So we’ve gathered a lot of the most compelling ABM statistics. Use them to convince your boss to fund an ABM program, and to amaze your friends at cocktail parties, if that’s your thing.
First of all, does ABM work? YES!
- Nearly 85% of marketers that measure ROI say that ABM initiatives outperform other marketing investments — and 50% of those say the difference is significant (ITSMA)
- 84% of marketers said that ABM had significant benefits to retaining and expanding existing client relationships (Alterra Group)
- The longer ABM is in use, the more its full-funnel impact is experienced– 43 percent of those using ABM for three or more years report that it impacts the entire funnel (DemandBase for eWeek)
- 87% of B2B marketers agreeing that ABM delivers higher ROI (ITSMA)
- 97% of marketers in a survey think ABM had higher ROI than other marketing activities (Alterra Group)
- Individual customer stakeholders who perceived supplier content to be tailored to their specific needs were 40% more willing to buy from that supplier than stakeholders who didn’t (HBR)
Want a printable copy of these statistics to show your coworkers? Get one here!
Does ABM improve marketing and sales collaboration? YES!
- On a survey to rate their sales and marketing relationship on a sliding scale from “1- misaligned” to “5-tightly aligned”, respondents who didn’t have an ABM program in any form in place responded with a “1” or “2” in the area of alignment almost 250% as much as those that have at least half the elements of an ABM program in place. (Bizible)
- 34% of respondents in a State of ABM survey responded by saying that their companies are tightly aligned with the sales goal. (DemandBase)
- Organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing functions experience 36% higher customer retention rates and 38% higher sales win rates (MarketingProfs)
- Companies are 67% better at closing deals when sales and marketing teams are in sync (Marketo)
- 91% of marketers with an ABM program in place said they were “tightly” or “somewhat or moderately” aligned with sales (Sirius Decisions in eMarketer)
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieved 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth (SiriusDecisions)
- 74% of marketers work with sales to define account goals and plans, and 67 percent get help from sales on account insights.(DemandBase)
Interested in leveraging ID’s proven, real world account based framework at yoru company? Reach out to us!
Are your peers adopting ABM? YES!
- 86% of marketing and sales professionals from B2B companies have begun using targeted account strategies,(LeanData).
- More than 60% of B2B marketers surveyed said they plan to implement an ABM program within the next year.(Terminus)
- 84% report improvements in reputation and 74% are seeing improvement in relationships thanks to their ABM efforts. (ITSMA)
- 52% of marketers stated that they currently have ABM pilot programs in place (DemandBase)
- In a 2016 SiriusDecisions survey, 27% of survey respondents said they were devoting between 11% and 30% of their total marketing budget to ABM. This metric was up from 19% in 2015.
- 60% of users utilizing ABM for at least a year reported an increase in revenue of at least 10% — 19% reported a revenue impact of 30% or more (DemandBase for eWeek)
- 90% of marketers think ABM is either important or very important to their efforts in B2B marketing (SiriusDecisions)
Want a printable copy of these statistics to help prove your ABM case? Click here.
Use these stats to explain the power of ABM inside your company. And if you need a trusted, expert partner to help accelerate your ABM program, reach out to us! We can help you prepare, plan, pilot, and scale your ABM program.