How Marketing Automation Delivers ROI
Any lead marketing automation platform will offer your marketing team some impressive features:
• Data capture of both demographic and behavioral information for leads and customers
• Accurate and dynamic segmentation of your lead and customer database
• Personalized, targeted messaging delivery for leads and customers
• Automated campaign delivery and management
• Automated and near real-time lead scoring
• Automated lead management and routing
• Cost effective and faster campaign creation and launch
• Reports and analytics that measure marketing effectiveness
But what difference will all of these impressive capabilities make in your marketing? What benefits can these features actually deliver?
Here is the second of four huge wins (that will deliver ROI for your company) made possible with marketing automation.
Huge Win #2: Efficiency
While you can never truly “automate marketing” (the term stuck, even though it is imprecise at best), marketing automation software absolutely offers significant efficiency gains. Imagine how much time it would take to respond appropriately to every single lead in your opportunity funnel – regardless of their level or area of interest, in every stage of their buying process, without fail, every day of the year – with the right message, right offer, and right call to action/next step. It’s simply not possible without software. That efficiency gain alone is a huge win.
Once implemented, marketing automation also makes it easier and faster for everyday marketing users to design and launch campaigns in hours instead of weeks, without putting in requests to overworked IT teams. And because these campaigns use a common set of assets and processes, the cost for developing new campaigns goes down as well. Faster, cheaper campaigns are a good thing.
There’s a third way that marketing automation drives efficiency though. By making sure you capture all of your leads, as well as their source, your marketing automation reports will reveal which campaigns and tactics are providing you with the most leads as well as their true quality (i.e. did they eventually close?).
Efficiency — that’s huge win #2. And an important part of marketing automation’s ROI equation.