The image pictured above is a high-level diagram of a typical revenue engine. It comes from a marketing approach that places heavy influence on awareness tactics and channels – often at odds with one another and not designed to capture and propel a lead deeper into the funnel.
The tale-tell signs of a broken revenue engine:
- a grab bag of awareness tactics
- weak/no lead capturing
- batch-and-blast (unsegmented), product-centric messaging
- no lead nurturing
- weak lead qualification
- lots of leaks in the opportunity funnel
- which all leads to poor follow-up by sales
- only the most basic, tactical metrics (open rates, web traffic, #’s of followers, etc)
In this example, the sales department is left to do it’s own prospecting, qualifying, nurturing, consulting, educating and closing. Because of this, they often view marketing as the “make it pretty department”.
You could also name this graphic “What mis-alignment between Marketing and Sales looks like.”
Intelligent Demand bridges the gap that leads fall into once they hit the space between awareness and purchase (the consideration phase). We help our clients put purpose behind each of their awareness tactics so they can then begin to nurture their prospects (and customers) with consistent, compelling messaging at each step of the buying cycle and deep into loyalty.
You can learn more about what a well-designed revenue engine looks like here.
- Content Marketing
- Demand Generation
- Hot Topics
- ID Word of the Day
- Intelligent Demand
- Marketers are being asked to do more–A LOT MORE–with fewer resources. You need efficient ways to generate and manage leads. Reliable reporting and metrics that prove your impact on revenue wouldn't hurt either.
Talk to us today about:
- More qualified leads for your sales team
- Automated lead & customer nurturing campaigns
- A steady flow of relevant content that converts
- Marketing automation & CRM implementation
- Actionable reporting & metrics
LEARN MOREYou know that buying has changed. Prospects have gotten very good at ignoring cold calls, tuning out product-centric messaging, and doing their own research without the help of a sales person.
Talk to us today if you'd like:
- More time closing, less time prospecting
- Truly qualified leads
- Deeper insight into prospects' hot buttons
- Better sales tools & marketing support
- Content that prospects actually read/want
LEARN MORESenior Execs, You understand that luck isn't much of a strategy. You need marketing and sales to work together--to drive revenue. Forrester, Gartner, Aberdeen Group and Sirius Decisions all confirm that companies who invest in demand generation strategies achieve impressive results:
- 18% higher revenue
- 16.5% higher campaign response rates and conversion rates
- 50% decrease in time to execute campaigns
- 85% decrease in cost per lead
NEVER MISS A POST:Subscribe to ID's Blog
SCHEDULE A CONSULTContact us to schedule a free initial consultation. We will promptly return your call or email.
Tel: +1 877 654 2234
Email: Schedule a Consultation
DOWNLOAD THIS GUIDE